Bedec’s water based Metal Primer is specially formulated to be applied on to almost any metal surface, internal or external. Bedec Metal Primer can be applied to mild steel, iron, cast iron, lead, copper, brass, aluminium to name just a few. Suitable for every type of metal tool, implement or structure in domestic and industrial settings. Dry in 2-4 hours, easy to use and low odour!
Make sure any surface to be painted is clean, dry and free any possible contaminants such as dirt or grease. Remove any loose paint, as well as any mould and fungal growths. Lightly abrade any smooth glossy surfaces to provide a key. See the attached data sheet for specific advice on how to prepare various surfaces.
Apply Bedec Metal Primer by brush, roller, conventional H.V.L.P or airless spray. Make sure to stir well and always check colour before use. We recommend using a test area first whenever possible. Do not apply at air or surface temperatures below 8°C or when it is likely to rain before the paint has fully dried. On ferrous surfaces some flash rusting may occur, especially if below the dew point. This is expected and will not affect the anti-corrosive properties of the product. Usually one coat is sufficient but occasionally a second coat may be required for maximum durability.
The manufacturer estimates the coverage rate, when applied by a brush or roller, to be approximately 9-13 square metres per litre per coat. The coverage will depend upon the texture and porosity of the substrate. Spraying will considerably reduce the coverage rate depending on the type of spray equipment used. Check the technical data sheet attached or the Bedec product page for further details.
Drying time is subject to conditions. The manufacturer estimates that the painted surface will be dry after 2-4 hours, and recoatable after 4 hours. Fully hardened after one month. Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
• Contains 1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one. May produce an allergic reaction.
• If you require medical advice, have the tin and/or label at hand.
• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. Wear respiratory protection if spraying the product.
• Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.
• IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and
easy to do, and then continue rinsing.
• IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. Do not use solvent or thinners or white spirit.
• IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor if you feel unwell at all.