Bedec Barn Paint Anthracite is a water based paint system which offers exceptional protection with excellent colour retention. Bedec Barn Paint will flex with the substrate exhibiting reduced flaking and blistering. Simple, quick and easy to use, you can apply between 2 – 3 coats within a single day, especially easily during the summer months.
Initially formulated for restoration of barns in Essex, this product is ideal for protecting exterior wooden, metal and plastic cladded buildings, and can be applied to surfaces that have been painted previously.
Quick Preparation Check-List
- Check for staining.
- Dilute first coat with 30-40% water to prime porous substrates.
- Denatured wood and planed, prepared wood should be sanded.
Make sure any surface to be painted is clean, dry and free any possible contaminants such as dirt or grease. Remove any loose paint, as well as any mould and fungal growths. See the attached data sheet for specific advice on how to prepare various surfaces.
Bedec Barn Paint Anthracite can be applied by brush, roller, or spray. Stir well and check colour before use. Do not apply at temperatures below 10°C , if it is foggy, or if rain is likely before the paint has fully dried (see drying times below). Apply at least 2-3 un-thinned coats for the best possible protection, allowing each coat to dry thoroughly. Further information is available on the tin and on Bedec’s website.
Although the texture and pororsity of the surface is a variable factor, as is the method of application, Bedec estimates the spreading rate to be approximately 13-15 square metres per litre per coat.
Drying time will depend upon conditions – the manufacturer states the painted surface will be touch dry in 2 hours, recoatable after 4 hours at 18°C. Fully hardened after 1 month.
• Contains 1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one. May produce an allergic reaction.
• If medical advice is needed, have the tin and/or label at hand.
• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. Wear respiratory protection if spraying the product.
• Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.
• IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and
easy to do, and then continue rinsing.
• IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. Do not use solvent or thinners or white spirit.
• IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor if you feel unwell at all.